click to enlarge
If you would like to S-OFF, Install ClockWork Recovery, permanently Root, Follow next steps:
1. How to S-OFF HTC sensation XE
2. How to install recovery
3. How to permanently ROOT your HTC sensation XE
There are some things you should know before rooting your phone:
1.Your warranty will be lost.
Why you shall root your phone?
-Chainfire 3D (play all games from market even tegra3 games)
-And a lot of fun, installing many custom apps that needs root.
Step1. To S-OFF your Sensation - (You do not need to do this if you have S-off already or done this before) - WORKING NOW for TMOUS users
download the application for your operating System. AND EXTRACT IT TO A FOLDER
YOU MAY NEED TO DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM- Norton is flagging up Revolutionary as a Virus when it isn't
Fill out the form under the download links with your OS, Device, Hboot Version and Serial number. This will give your beta key to enable you to S - OFF. Make a note of this.
How To get your Hboot Version - 3 methods below
1. Run the revolutionary Utility you just downloaded from http://revolutionary.io/ and if it has found your device it should read
"Found your Device: HTC Sensation Z710* Applications -> Development)
2. With the phone switched on (not in HBOOT, just the regular home screen), plug in your USB cable and select HTC sync mode.(IGNORE any warning messages on your phone telling you it cannot find HTC Sync )
3. Launch revolutionary.exe. It should detect the phone and ask for your beta key. Type it (BE CAREFUL, as its case sensitive) or copy and paste it in.
If Revolutionary fails to find your phone verify you have all the drivers installed, try disk drive mode or charging mode (Linux users can use disk drive mode. Confirmed to be working by others)
4. Once you have entered your beta key correctly, follow any on screen prompts or actions from revolutionary and wait for it to S-Off,
5. You're done. Your Device will Successfully have S-OFF....if it hangs on method 3 and doesn't S-Off. See post 2 below for solutions.
IF REVOLUTIONARY SAYS FAILED YOUR PHONE IS NOT SUPPORTED. Go back and check hboot using the methods above. some users are told its failed and they still have S off now. If you have S-off your hboot will now be 1.17.1011 and revolutionary will tell you now your device is not supported
6. Revolutionary will now ask you to Install clockwork recovery mod after S OFF. Type N and install it manually below (the recovery provided is v188.8.131.52 doesn't charge when device is switched off, the one below v184.108.40.206 does charge)
7. Your Device now is S-off.
Step2. To INSTALL Recovery - v220.127.116.11 on HTC sensation XE
1. Download recovery v18.104.22.168 for the Sensation HERE: or Multiupload
2. Copy the PG58IMG file into the Root folder of your SD card (The main Folder of your Memory Card)
3. Turn off your phone FUlly and reboot into the Bootloader/HBOOT screen (see post above on how to get to hboot screen)
4. Press Volume up to Accept when it asks" Do you want to start the update"
5. Press Power Off to Reboot back to android after installation is successful (normal screen with homescreen)
6. Delete PG58IMG from your memory card and you can now root using step 3 below or install a custom ROM using CWM (Customs Roms are already rooted)
Step 3.To permanently root your Sensation - (This means you will NOT LOSE ROOT on rebooting)
1. Download the file su-22.214.171.124-ef-signed.zip from here: DOWNLOAD
2. Copy su-126.96.36.199-ef-signed.zip to your SD card root folder (main folder of your memory card)
3. Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions below. See To Start Clockwork recovery)
4. BACKUP YOUR ROM USING CWM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ROOT!
5. Navigate to "Backup & Restore" using the Volume Down button and press select (power button to select) then select "Backup"
6. Select "install zip from sdcard" after backing up
7. Then select "Choose zip from sdcard"
8. Then select "su-188.8.131.52-efgh-signed.zip"
9. Then select "Yes - install su-184.108.40.206-efgh-signed.zip" to confirm
10. Then go back
11. Then reboot.
12. You're rooted!
How to enter recovery mode? Volume down + power button.
If you need any help contact us and we can help. Got any questions? Ask here on comments and we can help you.
Sources:XDA developpers. all thanks and credits HERE
Custom [ROM] ROOT